CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Feedback from anyone who has beaten extreme exfoliative cheilitis?

Drewww Views: 3,428
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,872,302

Re: Feedback from anyone who has beaten extreme exfoliative cheilitis?

I believe that if the EC is self induced then you can heal them by leaving them alone. My EC began when i started biting my lips and i've been trying this method for a little over a month. Because of the fact that I have college and work it's very tough to leave them alone for more than a week. Usually I let them go for a week or so and then I peel them when they look really bad. However, during this week that I leave them alone I do see some progress. My lips are almost halfway healed now. They're healing from the bottom up. This is very very tough to do but I think it's the only way that they can be healed. I would definitely recommend drinking mostly water. Usually if I drink any kind of soda like coke or root beer at work my lips will end up turning brown. This makes them look worse which means that I'll end up peeling them sooner than I'd like to. You should also be very careful when eating. I try to stay away from messy foods. If I am eating something messy then i usually gently wipe my lips with a napkin every few bites. It looks bad enough to have white peeling skin on your lips. It's so much worse when it's peeling and yellow looking. I hope this works for you. I know it can be tough, especially when people make comments about your lips. Keep your head up and persevere through it and you should be healed within a few months.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.875 sec, (1)