CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: O/T Elderly with Swollen Feet! Any Natural Solutions!

just thinking Views: 4,495
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,884,502

Re: O/T Elderly with Swollen Feet! Any Natural Solutions!

Bless you, Dar. Trapper's probably right. When my mother-in-law had the same thing happen, her dementia was advanced and she would drink only the barest amount of liquid. She would always sit with her feet down; we could not get her to keep them elevated, or even to move about much to help with circulation. No shoes for her either. She was in nursing care at the time, and eventually her foot became infected. They insisted on hospitalizing her, and after a day of being hooked up to i.v. fluids, she revived in a most astonishing way. Her dementia didn't disappear, but she had increased energy, focus, and vitality, enough to enjoy leafing through a magazine, which she hadn't done in a very long time. Sad to say, when my husband halted her further treatment after 10 days so she could be discharged in peace, she deflated after they pulled out the i.v. line. By the time she was delivered back to nursing care, her brain had retreated even deeper than before.

All to say, yes to fluids, if at all possible. I'm terribly impressed you've been able to keep her medication-free :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.422 sec, (1)