CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Hyperthyroidism, Gluten & Celiac Disease

Views: 3,364
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,880,192

Re: Hyperthyroidism, Gluten & Celiac Disease

Thanks for posting these Wombat. I am following a strict gluten free diet for about 6 weeks now. Believe it or not, I feel like it is affecting my thyroid!

I had been wanting to start the gluten free diet because the way I see it, it is basically eliminating the white flours and "thickners" in gravies and pre-made stuff. I cook every night any way so why not adapt to an even healthier way.

In the first few weeks, I had lots of gas and such. I was not a huge pasta eater but gluten is in a lot of stuff you don't even realize. I went to the chiropractor to address a hernia and he suggested that I go gluten free. I had been wanting to start it so his suggestion got me going.

I must say, I think I am going through a detox of sorts that actually is affecting my thyroid. In the last few weeks, I have been having joint and muscle aches and palpatations. Today, I have that lump in the throat feeling.

The chiropractor suggested I hold off on the Iodine as my body detoxes the gluten as sometimes Iodine can bother the stomach and he feels it might be too much at once.

I can't find any information in why going gluten free would affect the thyroid...only can find information on the link between hypo/hyper thyroidism and the gluten connection.

Anyone else have their thyroid affected with the change in diet?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.391 sec, (1)