If you have any given mold issue, you likely have a candida issue which precipitated (enabled) it. In the human body all molds (to my knowledge) utilize Sugar to survive. But everything converts to some form of sugar. So it's really your call. I personally do not eat sugar. I prefer xylitol. I don't eat solid food, so it's pretty easy for me.
On the lab results. Stay on top of it. It's a good sign that the lab wants to hold the culture. Anything that comes back any sooner than four weeks is premature.
You might want to join the Yahoo asper group and pose your questions. They are lab connoisseurs.