CureZone   Log On   Join
Bloodwork and hair test

bethanyds Views: 807
Published: 10 years ago

Bloodwork and hair test

Hi James,

I previously wrote regarding my bloodtests showing high levels of selenium. I've had 3 tests done in a period of about 4-5 months and they all show very high. They've come down about 200, and are currently at 1233. My Dr. performed a hair test to see if it was staying in my blood or if I was absorbing it. My hair test came back with normal levels of selenium. I was previously taking 200 mcg of selenium 3x daily, but stopped a few months ago. It seems my body just continued to let it build up and didn't utilizie it. What could be the cause of this? Could it be low stomach acid preventing it from absorbing properly? Other than magnesium, chlorella and DE (I'm taking/have tried these) what can reduce these levels from the blood?

Also, I took the pau d' arco/andrographis/chap mix for several months and stopped it back in January. Since then my antibodies have SLOWLY come down. They were at 1800, they are now at 1000. Is this progression typical or should they be decreasing faster? Can it sometimes take years? Is there any dangers in trying to conceive with autoimmune diseases? Also, my Dr. had me give up wheat and dairy to see if that would reduce the antibody levels. It didn't seem to reduce them any more than they were already. He claims that casein and gluten mimick the thyroid and can cause elevated antibodies. I don't feel much different other than sometimes slight digestive discomfort, when eating these foods. What are your thoughts on this?

I've been taking magnesium malate and yucca root long term due to their help in keeping me regular. Are there any issues that this can cause, such as dependence? Am I able to continue with these during pregnancy? Are B vitamins and zinc okay long term?

Thanks so much!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.891 sec, (1)