CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Telman's Flush 28

Telman Views: 1,766
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 184,798

Re: Telman's Flush 28

I am quite certain through reading, my medical history and a medical diagnosis that I suffer from a medical condition of the gallbladder called "biliary sludge". This is not a common description of what is physically observed during a flush but read about the condition below. I do think that the some new stones are being formed in the gallbladder because I made have a natural disposition for forming them while others are present stones. I see very few new stone formation or chaff and most of the stones indicate some age to them. If I do continue to seed new stones after I am clear then the maintenance programme will remove them.

Sludge may be an intermediate step in gallstone formation. In around 20% with sludge it disappears spontaneously and in 60% of people it disappears or appears transiently without consequence. The remaining 20% develop Gallstones with 13% percent undergoing surgery for gallbladder removal.

Sludge is significance because it is a viscous gel and can it self obstruct the bile ducts and cause intense biliary pain and pancreatitis. Biliary sludge consists of mucin, which is a high molecular weight glycoprotein secreted by the gallbladder mucosa (cell walls). It also contains cholesterol micro-crystals, calcium bilirubinate, and other calcium salts such as palmitate and stearate.

The common causes of biliary sludge are:

Obesity with rapid weight loss
Spinal cord injury
Long-term treatment with a drug called octreotide.
After successful bile acid dissolution of gallstones

I had a very serious spinal cord injury about 9 years ago resulting in an extended period taking morphine based pain killers and surgery.

Gallbladder stasis (impaired gallbladder contractility) leading to bile stasis and sludge also can develop in association with spinal cord injury and a number of other conditions. Not only is the gallbladder full of stones but it is also very difficult to flush them out because of a poor contraction and this may be a reason why my stones are given up so reluctantly.

Telman

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.313 sec, (1)