CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: How I lost 95 pounds on water fast

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Eliminate Parasites Fast and Easy
One of the most powerful aids in helping the body el...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
nothingbutwater Views: 22,506
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,818,093

Re: How I lost 95 pounds on water fast

Hi,

Sorry for confusion. I went through only one 21-7-21 fasting session. First 21 days were easy, except for the initial 3-4 days which were pure (PURE) HELL. Every single cell in my body screamed for food. I felt that my brain and body were bursting, attacking me both at the same time, trying to trick me to eat: at least a little bit of a juicy peach, or a tiny slice of a bread crust, etc. (Things that usually turned to a binge.) I had a HUGE emotional breakdown and felt like the miserabli-est mess in the world and cried and cried … you’ve got a picture.

On the fourth or fifth day I woke up in a morning very balanced and peaceful, without any trace of hunger or any mental desire to eat. And this is how I felt for the rest of those 21 days. I was easily able to fast longer than 21 days, but I didn’t went through a medical supervision--my doctor would think that I’m crazy--so mentally, I was not comfortable to go further without a break.

During those 7 days of the break, I wanted to stay in ketosis, so was careful not to go over 15 grams of carbs. First 2-3 days I was juicing veggie and eating salads and eventually a serving of canned sardines (I know, it was wrong but I craved them) and cooked salmon. I didn’t touch fruit or anything sugary and didn’t have need for it. Through all that time I didn’t use any minerals, vitamins or cleaning stuff except enema on the first few days. I had a few bowel movements during the break, not particularly unpleasant.

When I started the second 21-days-part I was wishing I didn’t stop on the first place. Beginning was hard, but the hardest part was the last week when I was very, very weak and I was mostly spending days in a bed trying to read or sleep, couldn’t do neither.

When I started this adventure, I was somewhere between 200 and 210 pounds. (I was so frustrated with my weight that I didn’t want to weigh myself). And when I finally stepped on a scale I was 159, so I lost 40 to 50 pounds, maybe even more.

So, once I finalized that 21/7/21 adventure I took things slowly. To tell the truth, I attempted to fast a few times but it was too much for me. However, I was able to function and feel ok on a very small amount of food. I lost any desire for junk and very often I ate only once a day. I lost additional 20 pounds in approximately 5 months. That was not bad, but still having 15-20 pounds to go I kind of lost patience. So in March, I undertook 2 weeks fast and I finally lost those last, stubborn 15 pounds. March-fast was not as hard, it was kind of routine. I’m now fluctuating between 120 and 125 pounds, which is more than fine.

Two things that I learned on this forum and I found very useful are: not to drink water unless you are thirsty and to drink warm water if you have heartburn. As you probably already know, no one agrees regarding activity level, so I applied whatever fitted me: when I was out bursting with energy I went to gym when I was weak I stayed in bed. I didn’t work at that time, but having some family obligations I was driving in average 40 miles per day, walking a dog, painting a bedroom, doing housework and similar.

My diet before fasting was pure junk, $20-$30 of pure junk per day. I had very stressful 60-70 hours per week job so in addition, I was flooding myself with gallons of latte and diet coke.

Allan Cott said in his book that fasting compared to diets gives another perspective on the food and that--more than anything else--was the truth for me. Somewhere during the fast it happened that eating chocolate became as undesirable as chewing a shoe (a dirty shoe). Hard to believe, but this is how my body and everything in me feel. I think that being overweight is not a matter of discipline or character but just being on the wrong side of the perspective or the ‘switch’. Some people may achieve that through dieting, I needed to fast and I’m very glad that I did it.

I hope I answered your questions. I wish you so much to succeed.

Anne

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.031 sec, (2)