CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Help! My body has declared mutiny since Mirena!

completelydisgusted Views: 4,736
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,808,426

Re: Help! My body has declared mutiny since Mirena!

I've had the mirena in for fifteen days.
I just tried to take it out myself - as I've read several forums with at home removal success stories... I could feel the strings but I just couldn't get both in my hands in order to pull it out. :(

Today I woke up with 3 pimples on my face... one of which was HUGE.

I went about my day running errands and what not and when I arrived home to get ready for bed I looked at my face and seriously almost wanted to cry.
I probably have 20 pimples all over the left side of my face.
I've never had a problem with Acne or anything - every once in a while one or two would appear - but this is insane.
literally in 24 hours 20 have appeared.
I just requested an appointment to have it removed.

The process of getting it was absolutely mortifying - I cant even believe they let you drive home after such a thing - luckily I had my boyfriend with me and he drove home.
It was the most pain I've ever experienced in my life - and I'm no wuss.

I wish I would have known - would have tried to find some type of pain killer to take before.

After I got it - not to be gross - but it was like my body immediately knew something was wrong - and I had to run to the bathroom several times with diarrhea. I was in intense pain for basically the entire day... and the discomfort continued for the next two days after that.
I had a strange feeling inside though... I can't even explain it.
I will say that after those three days I never felt a thing.
Now, I'm not ignoring the possibility that maybe this massive breakout is from something else... but I just don't understand.

I'm not willing to ruin my face and have Acne scars all for the convenience of not having to remember to take the pill.

I have been on birth control since I was 15 years old and I've never experienced anything like it. From the nuva ring, to ortho tri cyclen lo (which I was on for the past year).... and I plan to go back to it.

I wish I would have known all of this before getting it but I guess I was just blinded by the words "five years."

So, I'm hoping to get this thing out of me immediately... hopefully within the next week.

I only hope it doesn't take too long for everything to get back to normal after it is removed.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.266 sec, (2)