More
More

Free Dentist Alternative!
Professional Powder beats Fluoride!

Hveragerthi Views: 6,425
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,801,164

Re: Hashimoto's Antibodies/Infections

So here is something I'm confused about. My sister sent me an article (not really a well-researched one) linking autoimmune disease with Candida infection. The idea was that if you have Candida in your body, then the immune system tries to attack it but can't do so easily since the Candida hides by morphing into a new life form. Therefore, the body goes into a state of autoimmunity, trying to attack Candida unsuccessfully. The article gets into Candida morphing into bacteria and viruses (L-forms theories), which just doesn't make sense with what I understand from biology. This info was given out in her MLM essential oil company (Do-Terra) which she is a distributor for. Be Young oils also has a protocol to eradicate Candida by ingesting various oil blends for a number of months.

What do you think of this theory?

Actually it is only a hypothesis.  But there is a very serious flaw in this hypothesis and that is the fact that EVERYONE has Candida.  Candida is a normal part of the body just as some pathogenic bacteria like staphylococcus species are.

I know this is confusing so to clear this up Candida is a microbe.  Candidiasis is overgrowth of Candida.

And if it were true, how would I know if Candida is an issue since I have no apparent infections?

Candidiasis can manifest as vaginal yeast infections, thrush, excessive intestinal bloating, etc.  These are some of the better indicators since many off the symptoms frequently associated with Candidiasis on many websites either have nothing to do with Candida overgrowth or can also be attributed to a number of other things.

If we all have Candida in our body, then wouldn't we all have autoimmune diseases, if that theory is correct?

Yes.

And if Candida is normal in the body, and we just need to keep it in the benign yeast form with proper bacterial flora, then what's the point of using the oils for this reason to eradicate something that's not necessary to be eradicated?

I agree, it makes no sense.  But I have never been a fan of simply trying to kill Candida to treat Candidiasis.  All you need is one Candida cell remaining for it to grow back, and again it is a normal part of the body.  So it is never going to be completely eradicated from the body.  So the proper way to deal with it is to keep it under control, which is the role of the flora.  It is like if you have a nail in your foot.  Taking pain killers can help you forget about the fact the nail is still in the foot, but it is not going to take care of the problem.  In fact it will lead to more problems just like not addressing the cause of the Candida overgrowth.  Intestinal Candidiasis is indicative of a lack of flora leading to an over alkaline pH the Candida thrives in.  For those who do not want to believe this then ask yourself this:  Why is it that some people can eat sugary foods all day and still not have Candidiasis, yet some people on strict Candida diets and taking antifungals are still battling the overgrowth after years.  One poster here on CZ a while back was going on and on about how I was wrong yet she said she is still battling her Candida overgrowth after 15 years!  So obviously diet is the not the cause of Candidiasis.  It can contribute to the growth if the terrain is allowing the Candida to overgrow in the first place.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

6.016 sec, (2)