CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: How and what supplements to take to lower cortisol?

thelaughingdogs Views: 31,859
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,794,318

Re: How and what supplements to take to lower cortisol?

I was trying to figure that out too the last couple of days. Last time it took a month to get my cortisol down from stage two, I am just estimating that is the stage of adrenal exhaustion I was in. Then I got stressed out and it went back up. I am guessing for me a month. Then another month to heal my adrenals from stage one. Then another month just to be sure.

I think it depends on how young and strong your system is. When I was in my late 20's and early 30's it took me about 3 weeks to bounce back. Also some of my symptoms are not as bad as some other folks here. I am hypothyroid but I don't have leaky gut or am I hypoglycemic. I have a host of other symptoms the worse is insomnia. I went a whole yr without sleeping. I would just lie there and pretend to sleep. Now I do wake up after 4 -5 hours but I can get some shut eye.

I am not sure about overdosing on the supps you mentioned. I do know with the ones that affect serotonin you can if your taking a bunch of them and your way overdoing it, for example St Johns Wort. There is something called serotonin syndrome and it is a life or death situation. I saw it on another post recently. The guy was taking 4 times the recommended dosage of about 4 different supplements.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

1.188 sec, (1)