CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: UPDATE: what i'm doing and still going crazy w/this

WinterBaby Views: 6,944
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,768,500

Re: UPDATE: what i'm doing and still going crazy w/this

It's been 10 days since I've been following "Operation Lip Cure". My lips look MUCH better. I've made a few slight changes since my last post:

For the last 3 days, I've been using a non-petroleum lip balm called Labello. Another poster said they got great results from using Nivea. The Labello and Nivea are both made by the same company in Germany. I've been a maniac about applying it constantly. The more I use it, it seems the less I have to use it.

Since I've started the lip balm, my regimen has become more relaxed. I am using the warm wash cloth to exfoliate my lips only once or twice per day now. I am only using the dandruff shampoo on my lips every other day now, and only for a minute each time. I'll probably stop the dandruff shampoo soon. I'm also using the Spa Technologies skin care products more sparingly on my lips now.

I think my results are pretty good so far with this routine. The items that seem to help the most for me have been:

1. cutting out wheat, pasta, bread
2. drinking tons of water
3. taking Herpanicine, St. John's Wort, and multi-vitamin
4. probiotics
5. exfoliate with WARM (not hot) wash cloth once or twice a day
6. apply and reapply the Labello throughout the day (especially before and after a meal or drinking)
7. applying Vit C serum every morning and evening. Slathering on a the Vit C moisturizing cream at night (a thin layer in the morning). This is an expensive step and I'm not sure if it's actually helping or not. The Labello lip balm might be enough. It was when I started using the balm that I saw the greatest results.
8. Also gave up microwave popcorn. I think the salt was messing up my lips a lot.
9. Instead of biting my lips, I trim loose skin with tiny scissors.

Also, FYI re my diet: I am a pescitarian, meaning I don't eat red meat but I do eat a lot of fish. I am not doing any cleansing diet except for cutting out the wheat, pasta, and bread. I also take in a limited amount of dairy products -- typically yogurt and soft cheeses.

I still have cheilitis -- not cured yet -- but I'm making some good improvement and I look forward to more. I've been reading about how sunlight has helped some people and I think it will help me. I'm definitely a fan of lip balm, though. I know some of you aren't. It's all about experimenting with what works best for you, I think.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.719 sec, (2)