Soy is very toxic to the body. When the Chinese ate soy products it was always fermented which negates some of the harmful effects of the toxins, and they only ate it in small amounts. But now in America that we have an overabundance of soy crops, so all of the sudden we are being told that soy is super healthy and it's getting put in every possible product imaginable without fermentation. Soy is an extremely processed food and almost all of it is genetically modified. Read this for more info on the toxicity of soy http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/soy.htm I am a vegan though I don't eat soy. I think my thyroid problem is from heavy metals and possibly from the soy my mother fed me when I was eating a vegan diet as a child.