CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Jesse Ventura Files Lawsuit against TSA & Dept. of Homeland Security

Views: 1,458
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,758,966

Re: Jesse Ventura Files Lawsuit against TSA & Dept. of Homeland Security

Turiya - I tend to think that this issue will eventually make its way up to the Supreme Court. Will it be with Jesse????

I doubt it. I ain't no lawyer. And thousands/millions of claims get filed. But unless you have seen tangible damage, well they usually get thrown out. And that is strictly from a layman's point of view. It will take more then just an average citizen filing a suit because they don't like the law in order for it to make it up to the Supreme Court.

But I do think there will be a case eventually with more specific "details" or "damages" that may make it up. But again, I am strictly a layman. People have complained about the Patriotic Act for ten years now. The Supreme Court hasn't ruled on it yet. Hasn't anybody filed suit???

I have no idea, but I imagine someone has. But I would tend to think they would have had to have been affected in a specific way before the case would get heard. Especially up high. Meaning thrown in jail for two weeks unfairly, or had their personal information unfairly revealed to the world because of something "unlawful". And not someone just complaining.

But who knows. LongStory shory is that it will take years probably before this issue makes it's way to the Supreme Court. And all bets are off when it reaches there. Republicans/Conservatives have a history of favoring the police and Government, but it certainly isn't absolute. And it is a conservative court, if only just barely. It seems like Scalia is getting ready to talk in front of a Tea Party crowd. Does that mean he will vote against giving the Government right to search and seizure in a case like this???

Who knows. We could lose 3 members of the Court in the next three years, for whatever reason. Or not. I am waiting like everyone else to see what decison(s) come down.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.875 sec, (1)