Apple juice, apple cider vinegar and malic acid are all used to help soften stones before flushing. I recommend that a new flusher drink apple juice for 5-7 days before they do their first flush, then follow the Hulda Clark protocol. It is easy and effective. After you get your first few flushes in you can begin to experiment, but the first few times keep it simple. Here are the basic elements of the traditional flush:
1. Prepare with apple juice to soften stones in gallbladder
2. Use Epsom Salts to clear out colon and relax the biliary ducts. Do not omit Epsom Salts for your first flushes, although if you are very small you can reduce the amount by 1/3-1/2.
3. Olive-Oil causes the gallbladder to forcefully contract and expel its contents including stones, sludge, chaff and old bile.
4. The acidic juice, usually grapefruit or lemon, but sometimes apple or orange, also helps the gallbladder contract and stimulates the liver to expel toxic material too.
5. Ornithine is recommended to aid in falling asleep, but is not usually necessary. I personally prefer Melatonin, but do not always do that.
You might find the Epsom Salt is easier to take with apple juice or grapefruit juice.
A few peppermint candies will help take away the taste of Epsom salt. You can also suck on a wedge of lemon to ease the unpleasant taste.
I have found that taking a quick drink of lemon juice after taking the oil/juice mixture helps get the oily taste/feel out of my mouth. Be sure and rinse you mouth with water with a little baking soda added, but be sure and spit it out, do not swallow. Go right to bed, lie either on your right side or back, whatever is most comfortable for you and try to sleep.