CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: All dental implants are a flawed concept? Microgap around the implants.

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
Aragorn Views: 28,906
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,747,621

Re: All dental implants are a flawed concept? Microgap around the implants.

Does anyone else have an opinion about micro gap around an implant?

To catia:

Thanks for an input. Just to clarify: are you aware of difference between holistic and mainstream dentistry? Which of these two do you lean towards usually? What do you think about rootcanaled teeth inevitably becoming source of bacteria?

My main question is about validity of the concerns about gap between an implant and gum. Also whether bridges are preferable over implants because of that gap.

One thing to clarify: that dentist didnít say that the bridge supporting teeth wonít be affected at all, he said that a good bridge is the least risky and invasive way (comparing to implants), and also that life span of bridge supporting teeth wonít be reduced enough to create any trouble in future (unless thereís an accident or something...).

As far as changing a dentistÖ. Well, this dentist is 5-th one Iíve visited recently and I had extremely negative experience with all the 4 previous ones. One said Amalgams are safe, and he also put a post under a crown, which he screwed through the tooth coming out to the BONE underneath (wasnít the post supposed to go into a canal?). Another one charged me over $600 for a composite filling (close to the nerve) which is supposed to save the tooth but now it gives me pain because he was supposed to use a ceramic inlay or gold when dealing with near-nerve fillings; and who kicked me out when I started complaining. I suppose I canít file any complains to ADA because the dentists operate within standard procedures (?). Next one gave me 5,000 ppm fluoride toothpaste to ďreduce sensitivityĒ of that same tooth. Another one submitted false charges to my insurance for procedures he never performed on me (basically fraud). One more ďholisticĒ one wanted to charge me $2,000 for a composite fillingÖ. So no, it is absolutely impossible to find a good dentist. I quit trying. They simply donít exist Ė thatís what Iíve learned.

Oh... did I mention that dental butcher 11 years ago who but 10 Amalgams all over my mouth leaving decay underneath each of the mercury fillings?

At this point Iím trying to understand whether a quality bridge is better than a quality implant (considering that gap, bone grafting, and other issues).

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.516 sec, (2)