I think I can be more toxic with lead than mercury, or both. I remember I played with mercury ( from broken thermometers) when was a child. I was a body shop technician many years ( sanding and painting auto paints ) Later on, I worked as an outside plant technician in a phone company 10 years.(many lead cables at that time ) Later, I was an electrician and had contact with many broken flourescent lamps (mercury) and had the first mercury filling when I was around 40. I have had only two silver filling in my life. Now, I don't have any. So, I don't know what to think. What I know for sure is my health went down around 2007 when I had to have several dental works because they need to replace the same filling several times.