CureZone   Log On   Join
My dear friend has died.

drbailey Views: 1,121
Published: 9 years ago

My dear friend has died.

One of the most special people I have ever known died very early this morning from a house fire. She was a disabled older lady on a fixed income whose trailer caught on fire from a radiant space heater.

Her knees had been replaced but she still had trouble walking, but this never stopped her from serving at her church. When the call was announced that her tiny community needed emergency volunteers...she was the first to sign up so she could help others.

She visited the shut-ins, babysat for new mothers, and was the very first person to give a helping hand to others. In money she was poor, in spirit she was as rich as a queen.

Very few people on this earth do I respect, but she was (and is and will always be) one of them. She never complained about her health, her finances or her troubles! NEVER! She would also never take what she considered to be charity. We bought her an air conditioner and she only took it because we told her we had an extra and she would really be doing US a favor by taking it off of our hands. That was how she was.

I will not be at work today nor tomorrow. I am driving the 1 and 1/2 hours over to where the funeral will be held. And I will stay to help in whatever way I am needed. Financially, emotionally, spiritually...I feel so helpless!

Please have her family in your thoughts today. Thank you friends.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.313 sec, (1)