CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: A Vegan No More - The Story of a Recovering Vegan

grzbear Views: 5,721
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,728,512

Re: A Vegan No More - The Story of a Recovering Vegan

>>"There are ways to fail on any diet. Without a full analysis of what was being eaten we have nothing to go on."<<

true

>>"Most of the people I know who failed as vegans did so because they didn't understand the relationship between soil and plants. If the food is not highly mineralizing one is set up to fail long term."<<

The relationship between soil health and animal\human health must be understood too.

>>"There are some extremely healthy vegans to model one's diet after. Scary healthy."<<

Yes, or so they say... I have never met one... yet. I do believe that about 20% of the population *may* be able to achieve great health with a vegan diet IF they pay conscious attention to their dietary needs.

This, unfortunately requires a dependence on mail order and grocery shipped in foods. Very hard to be local, raw, vegan, and still get all the nutrition one needs to be optimally healthy, reproductively viable, and achieve longevity, especially if one lives in a concrete jungle, or in a climate with a short growing season.

Animal flesh has gotten a bad rap, deservedly, due to the commercial animal husbandry practices which alters the animals, fat, protein, and nutritional profiles profoundly.... and then the *sick* animals are fed to humans who become *sick* from eating them... gee... surprise, surprise...

If I ate sick *plants*, I would become *sick* too... and we are back to the soil and plant and animal health issues - terrain... as you and I both seem to agree on :-)

grz-

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.344 sec, (1)