CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Affording a gluten free diet.

MENDOMAID Views: 3,891
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,727,001

Re: Affording a gluten free diet.

I do it but it sure is difficult. I'm also low income and there is no financial aid unless we pay income tax, save receipts for gf foods and get a deduction. I've signed up at the local food bank but have to give most of the foods back tho I have gotten some dry beans and frozen pork roast I could use, bag of potatoes and occasional produce, tomatoes, strawberries, a 2 lb bag of frozen blueberries.
They usually have a variety of canned veges and fruits which you might be able to tolerate.

I look for sales on meat, cook thoroughly then cut up and freeze. Winter squash is nutritious and has carbs as do carrots which keep well. Other root vegetables are nutritious. The people at the food bank often save gf foods for my bag. I use the 'legal' food list at the Specific Carbohydrate Diet to guide my diet.

Have you thought of finding other nearby Celiacs or gf people and cooperating on food buying?

Hope this helps.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.438 sec, (1)