CureZone   Log On   Join
Affording a gluten free diet.

Melody143 Views: 4,207
Published: 12 years ago

Affording a gluten free diet.

How do you do it? Especially if you're low income or a student. Is there any sort of financial assistance? Does it matter if you have celiac or just gluten intolerance?

I go to a organic store and buy organic quinoa, millet,etc but can only afford to buy small amounts that last me maybe a week. Then for the next few weeks I'm basically eating home made soups, salads and rice. Luckily there's a market in my area that sells cheap local produce. Only problem is that sometimes you really have to look because unlike grocery stores they don't have a big turnaround and a lot of the food goes bad.

It's unfair that gluten free food is so much more than regular food. Why should a package of gluten free pasta be 3 times as much as regular. I know because the regular is cheaper to make. But still. Any of the typical gluten free variations of gluten food (pasta, pizza, cookies, etc) I can't even make myself because the flours, xanthan gum and guar gum needed are, in my mind, ridiculously priced.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.703 sec, (1)