CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Where to Purchase Lugol's Iodine

Mike1953 Views: 4,085
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,721,723

Re: Where to Purchase Lugol's Iodine

"(their % thing is out of sort though)"

Below is a copy/paste of the math used to come up with the percentage of Lugols formulation. I didn't advance far enough in my primary schooling to cipher it into my understanding. Perhaps somebody more learned could explain it in more basic terms. Elemental Iodine reaches a saturation point at about 5% in alcohol or KI/water. Normally Lugols percentage concentration amounts refer to the amount of elemental in solution.

---------------------------------------
Using our formula (see sidebar at far right), you use the following calculation. Since the density of Lugol's is close to that of water, you can use the traditional equivalency of one "metric" drop = .05mL, or 20 drops per milliliter -- note that a metric drop differs from a medical drop (1/12 mL) or an Imperial drop. One ml. contains 2.913% Iodine and Iodine compound (potassium iodine -- you divide 4,120 ml. by 120 ml to get 2.913%).
Each bottle, therefore, contains about 47.3 teaspoons. (Divide 236.52 ml. in one 8 fl. oz. bottle by 47.3, as a check sum exercise, and you get 5 ml. per teaspoon.) Using the formula we provide on the right panel, 4,120 ml. (4 liters) contains roughly 120 grams of iodine. One 8 fl. oz. container contains 6.89 grams (6,890 mg.). Divide by 47.3 and you get 145.63 mg.
Thus, 2/3 of one teaspoon yields roughly 100 mg. of iodine.
------------------------------------

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.484 sec, (1)