Certain healing clays are able to extract heavy metals, radioactive elements and many other toxins such as pesticides from the body. These clays, technically known as Smectites, have the ability to absorb and adsorb making them ideal for binding with heavy metals. To understand more about the remarkable abilities of healing clay go to http://www.naturalnews.com/023652_mercury_clay_health.html
When Bentonite clay absorbs water and swells, it is stretched open like a highly porous sponge; the toxins are drawn into these spaces by electrical attraction and bound fast. In fact, according to the Canadian Journal of Microbiology (31 , 50-53), Bentonite can absorb pathogenic viruses, aflatoxin (a mold), and pesticides and herbicides including Paraquat and Roundup. The clay is eventually eliminated from the body with the toxins bound to its multiple surfaces.
also, the Olive leaf ext detox the body from Mercury.
Chelating agents are used in a heavy metal detox to get rid of these unwanted metals. These agents create a chemical bond with these metals to make them less active and combine with the bloodstream. Heavy metal detox happens when you successfully excrete them through your kidneys and liver.
You will need the assistance of a naturopathic doctor for a heavy metal detox. On a daily basis, you can also obtain some natural chelating agents from food sources. Or you can also buy them in supplement form from your local health store. Here are some examples of chelating agents that come from natural food or in the form of supplements:
* Milk Thistle is also known as silymarin. It helps your liver detoxify and in the process, eliminate heavy metals. Milk thistle also protects the membranes of red blood cells.
* Chlorella is a mild chelator. Chlorella has a 3-layered cell wall that contains cellulose microfibrils, which aids in heavy metal detox. Green algae contains cholorella. You can obtain this all important nutrient in the form of a drink from juice bars or simply make one yourself.
* Methionine is a natural occurring chelating agent that supplies sulfur in the body. It helps in heavy metal detox by increasing the production cysteine and lecithin for the liver and for good kidney health.
* N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) increases cysteine and glutathaione production. It is also a source for sulfur. Fresh garlic is a common source of NAC. If you find it hard to eat garlic because of the pungent smell, there are also garlic supplements that you can buy.
*Mega H increases the conductivity of the water in your body and lowers the surface tension of cell fluids. These functions help in the easy removal of toxins from your body.
* Vitamin B6 is advised if you have undergone dental procedures or has dental fillings. It prevents the contamination of heavy metals in the body.
* Magnesium is important for the proper functioning of your immune system and body enzymes. Great sources of magnesium are found in pumpkin, Brazil nuts, spinach and in fish like halibut, chorella.
* Cilantro is helpful in removing heavy metals, including mercury, from your body. Cilantro aids in restoring the normal functions of body cells. You can easily sprinkle cilantro in your salads and soups.
Cilantro's postulated mechanism of action is to act as a reducing agent changing the charge on the intracellular mercury to a neutral state allowing mercury to diffuse down it's concentration gradient into the connective tissue.This is called connective tissue mercury toxicity. The next step is to remove the mercury from the connective tissue. Mercury is preferentially attracted to the cell wall of the unicellular organism chorella. It can be also bound to sulfhydryl groups in garlic or to sulphur in the form of MSM (methylsulfonylmethane). To get the mercury out, the coriander/yellow dock herbal tincture is one of the best solutions.
Also a herbal Milk Thistle combo, cleansing the liver (with nettle), detoxifying the liver and kidneys (milk thistle) purifying the blood (dandelion) boosting the immune system (cat's claw) is a good alternative. Furthermore a Soft Heat infrared sauna for detoxification is recommended. The clinical goal is to convert mercury into a state enabling it to be removed from the cells and be eliminated from the brain, connective tissues, lymph system, liver, gastrointestinal tract, and kidneys."