CureZone   Log On   Join
How did gabapentin stop my migraine when nothing else worked?

wobble Views: 20,467
Published: 8 years ago

How did gabapentin stop my migraine when nothing else worked?

Hi, I have had a migraine for 4 1/2 months along with muscle twitches and random spasms and tingling down one half of my face. I have been seeing flashing lights almost all day every day even with my eyes shut and even in the dark I felt like someone was shining a light into my eyes. I struggle with day light and bright lights and have been feeling dizzy and sick all the time. so many different pain meds I have tried. All sorts of over the counter meds, forehead sticks, cold compresses and cool patches, many different types of migriane pills, I tried taking nothing for a few weeks to make sure the meds weren't causing it but it didn't work. I tried rizatriptan but had a nasty reaction I also take anti inflamatorys, tramadol and I was on beta blockers for a month as they can prevent migraines.

But the problem was is that this was one long migraine and was litterally ruining my life. Tramadol and nurofen with codine were the only 2 things that helped with the pain but the lights still flashed even after taking them and I have also been seeing visual snow for 3 weeks and occasional sparkles. But then 5 days ago I started taking gabapentin not really expecting it to work but the migraine has just stopped! At 1st the lights were just less frequent but I havent seen them at all today. I can think clearly for the 1st time in months. I am still getting headache but a mild form and I still get sick and dizzy but no more flashing lights!

so how did it do it? one 300mg pill a day of gabapentin. How did it stop my migraine when nothing else could? Also it has helped my various strange goings on with my muscles as well.

ps: I also have Chronic-Fatigue-Syndrome & fibromyalgia but not sure if the migraine is conected with it as I have experienced many migraines and headaches over the years but nothing has ever felt the way this has. Oh and I have added epilepsy forum to the ones this is posted on because I know this is an epilepsy pill but I dont have epilepsy.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)