CureZone   Log On   Join
Creamy Mashed "potatoes" for raw eaters

Views: 1,527
Published: 8 years ago

Creamy Mashed "potatoes" for raw eaters

I went to post this at Sara's Soup Kitchen, but was reminded that I am banned there for some odd unknown reason. I do not think she likes numbered people. Oh well, her loss. People have many reasons for using their number.

Anyway, I do not remember what I was originally looking for, but this looked good, and it is raw. In other words, it is healthy and worthy of posting somewhere, so it might as well be Trapper's forum, since his is usually one of the top-rated forums.

http://rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=46158&highlight=rosemary+garlic+potatoes

I have not tried this yet, but if anyone does before me please comment. I thank you:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Poster's note: I tried to make mashed potatoes a few years ago with cauliflower and they were barely edible. However, at a raw Thanksgiving potluck I enjoyed the most amazing potatoes, made out of jicama! I highly recommend this recipe, especially warmed in the dehydrator. Here it is:

Rosemary-Garlic Mashed "Potatoes"

4 cups peeled and chopped jicama
2 cups cashews, soaked 1-2 hours
1 t salt
1-2 t chopped fresh rosemary
1 t minced garlic
2 t nutritional yeast
Black Pepper to taste

Process jicama in food processor until grain-like consistency is reached. Press out excess liquid with a cheesecloth or through a sieve. Blend with remaining ingredients until well combined. Warm in dehydrator until ready to serve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(The original poster said the Vitamix processes the jicama to be just as creamy as mashed potatoes. Seems like I'll be asking for a Vitamix and a dehydrator for christmas.)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)