Disclaimer: I have a BS in Biology, a PhD in Medicinal Chemistry, and I've fastet.
I'm going to start out by saying flat out that actualhealth has no idea what he's talking about.
1) In fact Many hydrophobic toxins do indeed stay in you fat tissue for a very long time. THC and the other 60 or so cannabinoids found in Marijuana are a prime example. Insectisides are another... I'm not even going to sit here and list them all...but if you are interested then you need to know the actual structures and it's relative permeability in a Pampa or Caco2 biological assay. From that we can EASILY predict which compounds/toxins will prefer to stay in hydrophobic fat tissue or in hydrophilic blood.
2) The shear number of people the report success from fasting is better proof that any drug trial I've been associated with. I've been involved in stages 1-3 of drug trials. The number of people that have fasted over the years and found benefit is in the hundreds of thousands. The number of people in an advanced stage drug trial...100's. You trust who you want, but as a pharmaceutical insider I'm telling you flat out that I trust the numbers for fasting far better than the numbers for say...v!agra.
3) Actualhealth what is it you are trying to do here? Are you trying to save us from our own stupidity? Are you here to somehow enlighten all of us as to the way to proper health and happiness? Please realize that you are acting like an obnoxious toxin to this board and the people that are here. You have made your point...although I honestly have no idea why you felt compelled to do so. I mean did you wake up one day and decided I have to tell all these fasters out there that they are wrong and that they are starving themselves? Did you? Please just move on now.
4) Most of the people here fasting have done enough research on their own...and I'd wager that the majority know far more about the risks, benefits, and challenges of a fast than you do.
5) If you have something else to add please do so...if not please go away as you are only clogging up the board for the rest of us.