I've been doing a lot of research on health and detoxing.
Not sure if there is a general awareness on CureZone - I did a search and may have missed it - about some interesting discoveries that Dr. John Gray (the "mars and venus" relationship guy) made on nutrition.
He circled the globe and interviewed all of the peoples around the world that live really long, and based upon that synthesized some diet and exercise recommendations.
My husband and I have incorporated his suggestions in terms of a quick shake, and we've added some ingredients of our own based upon recent research. This is the energy shake that for us - at least - never fails to give us that incredible energetic boost that is not followed by a crash.
I keep all of the dry ingredients on the counter in my kitchen and just scoop it up into a waiting shake blender (the small kind not the big expensive hard to clean kind) :)
Takes 5 minutes.
You can get all of the ingredients mailed to your door - cheap and plentiful - via http://www.vitacost.com
Where possible get organic.
* 1 tsp maca (for energy)
* 1 Tbsp raw cacao (organic superfood)
* 1-3 Tbsp rosehips powder (original form of Vitamin C much much more powerful and effective than tablets) - I think I needed to go to an online specialty store for this item
* 1 tsp or more of lecithin granules (do research - another superfood!)
* 1 scoop whey based protein powder. We like Muscle Milk either chocolate or vanilla creme flavor. It's important to get a non-soy form that doesn't have too many calories and doesn't overload you with protein (there's a limit as to how much protein you can metabolize at once).
* 1 small handful dried goji berries (about 1 tbsp) - another superfood
* Water, juice or other drink to taste (we like to use organic unsweetened almond milk. Almonds are the only alkalizing nut and have all of the healthy nutritional properties of nuts while also making you more alkaline! A great substitute for milk and only 45 calories per glass!!)
* Concentrace mineral drops - slowly work up to maximum on package(this is a critical ingredient. Only by adding minerals to your diet can you absorb vitamins - otherwise they pass right through you. If you adopt nothing else from this list, get minerals asap in your diet right away!)
* Optional vitamins - I like to add liquid B vitamins (we like the Nature's Answer brand) , liquid vitamin D drops - research is showing this is just as beneficial and important as vitamin C, and a general liquid vitamin (we like Peter Gilham's Natural Vitality Organic liquid vitamins).
This tastes like the most delicious chocolate shake you've ever had (from the cacao) and puts a real "zing" in your step (I think mostly from the minerals -we are all so mineral depleted).
Happy healthy drinking!!
(Note that there is deliberately not a lot of juicing. You can add that stuff but the above should do you fine as is! I like to eat my veggies whole and in salads)