CureZone   Log On   Join
Weird Lugols experience

RainbowBright Views: 2,000
Published: 11 years ago

Weird Lugols experience

Maybe you guys can weigh in on this...

I have had fatigue and coldness for many years and started about 9 months ago on the Iodine program that I read about here and elsewhere, using 50mg Iodine in the form of 8 drops of Lugols per day, in water.

Before starting the Iodine I had my blood tested and my T4 was in the low range of normal and my T3 was low. When I first started taking the Iodine I felt better for a while, but then started to feel tired again. After about 7 months on the Lugols, I had my blood tested again, and now my T4 and my T3 were both low! So it looks like my thyroid function got worse rather than better!

I went to discuss my blood work with my naturopath who said that I was taking way too much Iodine and that those amounts are used by doctors to purposley shut down the thyroid, as in people with overactive thyroid glands. She advised me to cut way, way down on the Lugols and to take some herbs for thyroid (ashwaganda, etc.).

Now normally I would just assume she was wrong, since I know that there are a lot of doctors out there getting great results with 50mg. But what is weird to me is that my thyroid does seem to be functioning worse than before, according to the blood work.

I have cut down to about 6mg a day (1 drop), along with the herbs that she recommended (I took those before and they helped me), and I will get my blood re-tested after a while.

What do you guys think? Maybe I'm just not a typical hypo-thyroid patient, although I have most of the symptoms...

Thanks in advance.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.657 sec, (1)