CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Weight plateau - whazzup?

chrisb1 Views: 2,267
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,686,463

Re: Weight plateau - whazzup?

Hello puppywuppy,
I am not surprised that you have lost no weight for three days in a row upon reaching day 27.
As the fast progresses less and less weight is lost in an effort by the body to conserve its fuel supply or food reserves: a strong conservation effort by the body in ultimately preventing starvation.

There can be other reasons for no weight loss, or even a gain in weight such as drinking too much water other than that dictated by thirst.....................

"During Mr. Johnston's thirty days' fast he lost from one-half a pound to two pounds a day. On the thirtieth day of the fast his loss was one-half pound. On the twenty-second and twenty-third days he weighed the same, apparently losing nothing. This, however, was due to profuse water drinking. I have seen cases gain weight for two and three days at a time from drinking so much water".

AND...............
"Discussing a gain of four pounds during an eight days fast, by a Mrs. Martinson of Stapleton, Staten Island, and a case reported by Dr. Rabagliati of a gain of one and one-half pounds in three weeks, by a patient on less than eight ounces of food a day, about ninety per cent of which was water, Carrington says: "The explanation is in all probability this: In all such cases great density of tissue is present--it is obstipated, as it is called--and when such a person fasts, he or she oxidizes off a part of this too solid tissue, and fills in the interstices with water, which the patient is at liberty to drink during the fast. This is, at least, the explanation which I have been driven to adopt--none other seemingly covered the facts."....................
http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyglibcat/020127shelton.III/020127.ch17.htm

You have mentioned breaking your fast on day 43, but bear in mind that natural hunger may appear before that, and an absolute must in breaking it.

The blueberries and Watermelon (not a good combination i'm afraid) will be as "nectar" to your lips and taste-buds. There is never a more joyous and pleasurable experience in the whole of Nature.
Except for one other that I can think of!!!!!!

Chrisb1.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

0.142 sec, (2)