CureZone   Log On   Join
Hey Anne..

t_montreal Views: 1,098
Published: 9 years ago

Hey Anne..

Hi Hon,

I hope you're doing well and hanging in there!

I've been thinking about you the last couple of days, I had remembered you saying in a post a while back about how you had all these cleaners under your sink that you'd been meaning to throw out for some time. I had wanted to comment on that and give you some cheap solutions, but I forgot, lol:)

Basically, if you have MCS, like I have had...you REALLY want to get rid of 'em. I think it's probably the most offensive thing, the chemical cleaners, along with air fresheners. They always affect me (and us) so much, and they are pretty much everywhere, like public bathrooms, restaurants, etc. But you can definitely clear them out of your home! There are so bad for the central nervous system, particularly if you have any brain fog or brain symptoms- better to not expose yourself when you don't have to!

What I've used for years to clean with (and it's super cheap) is baking soda, vinegar, and lemon (if you want that lemony fresh scent!) If you have any mold you need to get rid of, use boric acid and let that sit on the area for a bit too. If you need a tough 'scouring' solution, mix vinegar and baking soda into a paste, spread it on the surface that needs cleaning ( bathtub, sink, etc) and let sit for 5-10 min. Then scrub it off with a scrubber or washcloth, and I swear it's better than any Ajax or Comet you have ever used! It REALLY works!:)

For toilets, I use a mix of Baking Soda and Vinegar, and maybe some unscented laundry soap (for the bubble action;) For cutting boards or counters that smell like garlic and onions, take half a lemon and rub it all over the surface and then wipe it off with a cloth, and that totally gets rid of the smell! And it works for your hands too:) For floors, just use vinegar in hot water, and if you want, a bit of uscented dish or laundry soap, again for 'bubbles'. But I know you can get away with just plain vinegar and water. (I have a 'normal' friend who's been ONLY using that for years 'cause she says it works better than anything else!)

There are a lot of other options you can find online for cleaning naturally, plus Uny recommends the Miracle II products very highly (and I'm going to check them out soon, 'cause they look phenomenal!). In the meantime, these alternatives are so cheap and accessible, I just wanted to let you know;)

p.s...cheap vodka works too! (I've been told;)

Love ya girl! :)

Teresa.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.281 sec, (2)