CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: dealing with injured leg

CuriousHealthNut Views: 1,516
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,682,785

Re: dealing with injured leg

Teresa,

My background is in Exercise Science so for what its worth to you....

You will not aggravate your injury by doing hot/cold showers. If I were you I would try both, only cold as well as hot/cold and see how your body responds. Also make sure you do as much as you can without overdoing it. E.g if walking up stairs isn't a problem then do more of that to maintain your overall conditioning, strength and flexibility. The body loves movement even during injury. I wouldn't swallow the whole story of what your chiro thinks, rather start basing things on how your body feels in the moment and tuning into the various sensations in your body instead of just generalizing all the sensation in that area as "pain" or "injury" when it could actually be tingling, or aching. By tuning into these sensations it can give you clues on what your body needs. When my muscles or joints feels tingly I know its usually b/c my circulation is off and then I need to move more or deal with my emotional tension. This is much different than assuming the tingling is a result of nerve pain and therefore I should rest it more etc..

Another way you can address the injury is the type of tissue involved? You can cross reference through chinese medicine to figure out how to address your organs which would then improve healing in that specific tissue. Tendon/Ligament injuries are related to Liver/Gallbladder. Joints/Bones are Kidney/Bladder. Muscles are stomach etc...

Hope that helps some.

Best,

John

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.344 sec, (1)