CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Herbal remedies post-Mirena?

sweetpea32 Views: 4,904
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,669,345

Re: Herbal remedies post-Mirena?

Hi Moneygirl!

I tried vitex (800mg) for about 41/2 months and took it without any problem - the only trouble was my libido COMPLETELY disappeared and i know it's supposed to have the opposite effect on women but i couln't get rid of the persistent niggle that perhaps this was causing it. The Acne certainly wasn't being helped by taking it so I thought I would ditch it in favour of oil of evening primrose for a while. I also take licorice in a tea blend and via dGL tablets to chew but I favour these to keep the tummy lining healthy. haven't tried any 'well woman' type supplements although I've been eyeing them up in the pharmacy for a while - I still get quite PMSY around ovulation and prior to and during my period and wondered if they will do the trick (I do believe the oil of primrose has diminished the 'rage' somewhat!)
the mirena seemed to leave me with a lot of deficiencies so I take a good multi vit with probiotic,milk thistle, kelp (iodine) magnesium and have just introduced Zinc into the mix. PHew! It's a nuisance but if it helps, I'll do it!
sweetpea x

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

2.934 sec, (1)