I agree with the previous post about getting a hair mineral test to determine whether or not you have copper overload. If you do, it will also tell you how severe it is.
With mild cases, the liver retains the excess copper. Once the adrenals recover the liver's detox capability improves, and it can usually eliminate the excess copper relatively easily.
With severe cases, the liver gets overloaded with copper, so the body starts secreting it in the brain and other tissues in the body. In these cases, reducing copper is more of a challenge. To learn more about this, read "Why Am I Always So Tired?" by Ann Louise Gittleman . Also, http://www.drlwilson.com
have good articles on copper overload.