CureZone   Log On   Join
Celiac Disease and fecal incontinence

MENDOMAID Views: 36,108
Published: 10 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,658,855

Celiac Disease and fecal incontinence

I had leakage from my anus when I was younger and now that I've read all these comments I recalled the problems it led to. I have had CD all my life but was not diagnosed until recently. In my case the fecal incontinence was related to sensitivities to chemicals which caused the fecal problem but also urinary incontinence and drooling. The chemicals, mostly those in commercially prepared foods and in the air, would cause muscle weakness so the spincters would not hold. The fecal leakage led to urinary tract infections whenever I had sex from the bacteria being pushed up into the urinary tract. Using lubricants with sex helped that problem but sexua| activity usually led to vaginal irritation. I learned to wash thoroughly before and after sex and to urinate after having sex. Having the partner wear a condom would not help this problem as it was sex act which caused more fecal leakage and spread the bacteria around. Although chemical sensitivities are common in Celiacs the gf diet did not reduce them - I still have to avoid many chemicals and be careful about the contamination in foods I eat.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.641 sec, (1)