CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Why do we do the things we do?

Views: 918
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,616,392

Re: Why do we do the things we do?

I was so happy to hear that the Lord sent workers in your path to restore you so quickly. He is so merciful. I was really touched by your post as I also reached a point of such despair in my life that I too doubted the existence of God. His work in me did not come as quickly. I lived as an agnostic for many years. During that time I recognized His nail scarred hands on my life many times as He protected me through it all. I still doubted His existence. It took a lot of prayer on the part of others to help me see that He is real. Maybe it was your fast that was the reason for the quick work. We would have no way of knowing for sure. I do believe that your fast was not in vain. Your life is not over yet and the spiritual benefits from it, I believe, are far from over. Just wait. God's ways are not man's ways and so sometimes it is so hard to understand why we have to suffer. As for me, I can see that it was during times of my suffering when I had nothing else to hold on to but hope in God, that caused my spiritual roots to grow.

As far as the fruits of the spirit are concerned, I am reminded that a good tree bears good fruit. It does not have to put forth effort to bear that fruit. The fruit comes naturally. The tree does not grunt and groan to bear that good fruit. As we abide in Christ and seek His Spirit the good fruit comes without our efforts. As I still go through sad times, I am still filled with the joy of the Lord. You may be experiencing this too.

The following is from John 15:4-11 NASB
"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.
I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.
If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned.
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples.
Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love.
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full."

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.375 sec, (2)