CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Coconut water

eczemapain Views: 3,263
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,614,542

Re: Coconut water

No, we can buy fresh coconuts at health food stores in southern California. The point of the question was that I believe these imported coconuts from far east Asia are preserved to look nice. I guess if they were dipped in chlorine to preserve freshness.

I heard about the injection of some chemical to make the coconut water sweet. I can't confirm it and I can't find research on it online yet so I thought I ask if someone here may know whether it is a fact of not. I had tasted coconuts fresh from a tree before and not all of the coconuts are sweet. So actually had a little bit of salty taste to it, but in general the taste of the fresh coconut from a tree that you see or know of doesn't have the consistent taste of the one we buy at health food stores in southern California.

I would like to know the type of chemical, if any, being injected so I know how much or how often we should drink fresh coconut and eat the fresh coconut meat.

Thanks

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.297 sec, (1)