CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Too much Iodine?

dsstreak Views: 2,058
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,604,370

Re: Too much Iodine?

I think that's exactly the difference. The Iodine doctors are talking about reaching whole body sufficiency as opposed to just supplying what the thyroid needs. The companion nutrients are important to the protocol selenium, vitamin C, magnesium and sometimes people need the cofactors B2 and B3 especially if they are having problems getting results from iodine. The salt loading is important particularly in the beginning when detox is at it's peak as it is the only way to push bromide out of the kidneys once it has been displaced by the iodine. I take a combination of celtic Sea Salt 1/4 tsp and 1/4 tsp potassium chloride (Now brand that I bought at Vitamin cottage). Too much salt and I bloat. I think that is the key with all the companions is discovering what works for you and in what amount. Selenium does have a protective effect for the thyroid. It helps to create glutathione perioxidase which protects the gland against oxidative damage which is a component in the development of autoimmune thyroiditis (iodine starts the oxidative process in the thyroid). However, I can't take selenium unless I'm also taking Iodine and only take it in small amounts 100-200 mcg as it can make me feel more hypo. Hope this answers your question.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.895 sec, (1)