CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Filled root canals start to hurt. Implants, cleaning and re-filling, extraction and dentures. Which is the RIGHT choice?

Luisa Maria Views: 2,302
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,577,176

Re: Filled root canals start to hurt. Implants, cleaning and re-filling, extraction and dentures. Which is the RIGHT choice?

You don't want to have a partial denture if you can avoid it. You will loss bone mass (alveolar bone resorption) wherever there is no tooth. Implants done properly are a good thing; nothing is as good as retaining healthy natural teeth, however.
I have firsthand experience with this issue and have absolutely no regrets after having four teeth (lost due to dental trauma- I was hit by a car) replaced with dental implants twenty years ago. Prior to that I had a removable bridge for ten years and suffered significant bone loss because of the lack of teeth in the jaw bone.

Regarding root canals, if they are done properly, they will last a long time and will not cause any problems. An endodontist with an excellent reputation is the one to see for this. It beats losing the tooth altogether.

I don't understand why root canals were done on the two teeth if they were healthy; how is it standard procedure???

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.031 sec, (1)