CureZone   Log On   Join
Baby with yeat -- my story

My Complexion is Glowing
Oxy-Powder Attacks The Source Of Your Constipation, You Will ...

More
More
  Views: 3,005
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 157,378

Baby with yeat -- my story

NewMom,

Kudos to you for cleaning up your act. Your concern for your baby is really important, but he/she will probably have an easier time to rid him/her self of the yeast than you.

Your baby may have gotten yeast from you before you cleaned up, so s/he may need anti-candida treatment now. One place to look for support would be the Candida Forum .

I was relatively healthy, along with my baby, until she got an earache while we were on vacation. We were in backwoods VA, and the local Dr. prescribed a POTENT antibiotic. She got full fledged yeast infections in her diaper area as well as her throat. She had lost her voice, so when she screamed in misery she was silent, but showing distress in her face, body --everywhere.

Her bottom was purple! She had white flecks in her mouth/throat. She was a mess of yeast overgrowth, due to the powerful Antibiotic killing all the good bacteria she'd gotten from nursing. Very sad -- and only 13 months old. My home pediatritian diagnosed her with a severe case of oral and anal thrush. You can bet she had thrush between her mouth and her anus as well!

I smeared her bottom with live culture, whole milk yogurt. I also fed it to her, to me and rubbed it on my nipples before she nursed. I gave her "air baths", to help dry out the yeast in her diaper area. The only Sugar she got was in mother's milk, so I wouldn't cut back on that, but I did cut out bread and other starches. Her solid foods were fresh "above ground" veggies.

The good news is that babies recover quickly. Help your baby keep from letting the yeasties get hold of his/her tender systems. They have powerful imunity at this age. Put your baby on a modified anti-candida diet until you are sure that he/she is not/no longer affected by any yeast in your system.

Remember that your baby needs you, your milk, lots of essential fatty acids, high calorie nutrition and lots of love. Love comes first. Everything else flows from that -- even when the baby is cranky.

Don't put a baby on an adult anti-candida diet -- it could retart brain and other critical development. Grandma was right with the teaspoon of cod liver oil:)

Good luck. You are a wonderful and caring mother to be taking care of yourself and a newborn. It is hard work, but your baby needs you to care for yourself as well.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.234 sec, (2)