Wondergirl77 Views: 2,852
Published: 10 years ago

OP with tahini

Over the winter I slipped on my health path, I
was drinking coffee, alcohol, and even smoking
(not cigarettes).

Now I'm back on the straight and narrow, have cut out
those indulgences and am starting OP again. I got the
inspiration to try pulling with a bit of tahini and did it for the first time today. I figured
the sesame oil content made it appropriate, plus, maybe
all the nutritional benefits, such as the high calcium
content, will benefit both oral and whole-body health
via the OP process.

Here's some info about tahini nutrition. Never heard of vitamin T!

http://www.naturaltherapypages.com.au/article/TahiniHealth
Benefits of Tahini

Tahini is a nutritional powerhouse, being high in vitamins E, F and T, as well as vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B15, biotin, and choline. It is also a source of vitamin A. Tahini is also 20 percent complete protein Ė making it a richer protein source than milk, soya beans, sunflower seeds, and most nuts.

Tahini is one of the highest sources of methionine, an essential amino acid, and also contains lecithin, which reduces the levels of fat in the blood and also protects against environmental toxins such as nicotine. Tahini is also high in minerals such as magnesium, potassium, iron, and phosphorus, and is an excellent source of calcium. In fact tahini is claimed to be the best source of calcium there is and, unlike the dairy products that supply calcium in the western diet, it is not mucus forming.

TahiniTahini is very high in oil, over 50 percent. However, despite being high in fat, most of the oil is unsaturated fat, which is much healthier for the body. Even though it is high in oil, tahini keeps very well and will not go rancid, even if it is not refrigerated after opening. This is because sesame seeds contain the natural preservatives sesamin and sesamol, which stabilise it.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.311 sec, (1)