CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: 2nd "Amazing" Flush - finally got some stones/gravel!

Views: 3,850
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 157,094

Re: 2nd "Amazing" Flush - finally got some stones/gravel!

Dear #35024,
I actually took the accutane in January of 2000. My apologies for the typo. 2002 is when I had to leave my job due to the unbearable fatigue and started down the path of natural therapies to help overcome the side effects. The URL below will take you to my post detailing my accutane experience.

I worked with a Naturopath for a year with some minor success.
She had me do two sets of BioHealth Stage II Adrenal Exhaustion protocols. These were complicated and expensive. I didn't make a lot of improvement but I stopped getting worse, which in itself was a good improvement.

The real improvements started when I started an in depth study of Ayurveda. I have found Ayurveda and Sidda Vaidya ("grandmother" of Ayurveda) medicine to be the most help in getting my health back. I include the Liver Flush in the scope of Ayurveda as this ancient healing system recognizes that healing begins with the care and cleansing of the digestive tract. Andreas Moritz 's liver cleanse may not be "traditional", but it is in keeping with the concepts. If Charak ("father of ayurveda") were alive today, I'm sure he would have included this Liver Flush in his repetoire.
Andrea's book The Key to Health and Rejuvenation is one of the best books I've seen to help impart ayurveda to the west. I highly recommend it.

Accutane does more than congest your liver. It burns out your adrenals as well.

In addition to cleansing,I have used a number of herbal formulas and body treatments to help reset my endocrine system and build ojas (life sap). Most of these were/are Vata and Pitta pacifying treatments. The herbal formulas are customized for my personal constitution and imbalances. Most contain rejeuvenative, cleansing and nervine herbs.

Here are a few key herbs that have helped me, which you may want to research:
Licorice tea and Tulsi tea have been very helpful for my adrenals. Nirghundi (Vitex negundo, a relative of Vitex Agnus Casti)and Vidari Khanda have been tremendously helpful in rebalancing my female hormones. Shilajit is another endocrine tonic. Milk Thistle in large doses (at least 1000mg/day) has been a great help to my liver. An ayurvedic mixture called 'Kama Dudha' has helped with the acidity and rashes. Guduchi, Jatamamsi & Shank pushpi have helped with the Depression and insommnia. Bacopa has helped with the brain fog.
Yogaraj Guggul and Kaishore Guggul have helped with the muscle and joint aches.

Supplementing with CoQ10, L-Carnitine and Glutamine has given me the energy to make needed diet (getting off the coffee) and some lifestyle changes. There is a book by Erica Schwartz called "Tired to Terrific in Ten Days" that talks about the CoQ10/Carnitine "Energy Pak" supplementation programs.

Sorry to run on so long. I hope this has been helpful.

//www.curezone.org/forums/m.asp?f=161&i=71

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

2.063 sec, (2)