CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: more on fordyce spots

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
  Views: 6,216
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,568,609

Re: more on fordyce spots

I was watching a how the other day on extracting blackheads. As stated on the show, the difference between blackheads and whiteheads is:

It looks white when the gland is clogged and not exposed to air. It looks black when the gland is exposed to air.

I do not have white fordyce spots on my lower lip. I only had the yellow fordyce on upper lip, which were not clogged but were leaking a little oil.

If I had white, clogged fordyce spots on my lower lip, I would buy a blue light (for acne). It is categorized as phototherapy light. From what I read, I think it said to use it 2-3 times a week for 15 minutes. This light can penetrate to bacteria deeper down (like in fordyce's spots) to prevent pimple from forming. You would need to keep using the blue light every week, though. It is a safe, noninvasive way that might just work. I know dermatologists carry phototherapy light that has UV light in it, but the UV light ages your skin like sun exposure does. The blue light does not have UV light in it. I do not think as many dermatologists have the blue light at their office. I would want to buy my blue light ($100-$200) so I would not have to visit their office twice a week. But you could try searching for a dermatologist who has the blue light, then try it. If it works, you could buy your own blue light.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.578 sec, (1)