I strongly suggest you read the book. It has all the scientific evidence you could possibly need.
I have read parts of his claims. The problem is that they lack scientific evidence and are contradictory to real science.
1. Olive oil does not assume the putrid smell that emanates from most released gallstones. The smell is unlike that produced by fecal matter.
They are being produced in the intestines and trapping particles of feces. So of course they have a fecal smell. If they were real gallstones they would not have a fecal smell.
2. Olive oil cannot congeal into such relatively hard structures, even if it were chemically altered and manipulated in a laboratory. This is even more impossible, given the short time frame the olive oil has to travel through the GI tract and the total unavailability of any thickening agents.
He obviously is clueless when it comes to chemistry. First of all olive oil can be converted in to a gel through several mechanisms. For example olive oil can be ozonated to for a lipid peroxide gel. In the body though these "liver or gallstones" are simply formed through a simple process demonstrated in chemistry classes all the time called saponification. In fact you see examples of this all the time. It is called solid soap. The sterols in olive oil also have a high affinity for cholesterol forming a SOLID insoluble complex that looks similar to gallstones. So Moritz ought to take a chemistry class so he can understand how this really works.
3. Analysis of released gallstones reveals that the majority contain all the basic ingredients that make up bile fluid.
Yes, these "stones" produced in the intestines contain cholesterol, just like bile. Again many of the "stones" are sterol-cholesterol complexes formed between the sterols in the olive oil and cholesterol in the intestines. This is really basic chemistry and anatomy and physiology.
As far as the color of the stones this is simply explained by the impurities trapped in the complexes as they form. Just like how stones such as quartz can occur in a variety of colors depending on the impurities trapped during its formation. Again basic chemistry.
4. The olive oil mixture does not even pass through the liver, as it would if it were combined with food.
So what does he think happens to the olive oil that is absorbed by the body?:
Is he really claiming that food (technically amino acids, sugars, fatty acids, etc) will pass through the liver but not olive oil (technically glycerides and fatty acids)?
Therefore, during the liver flush the liver does nothing but release gallstones and bile.
Disproven above. Apparently Moritz is unaware of the simple fact that the body breaks down oils and absorbs them to be used for other things such as energy production. In fact fatty acids are the most efficient fuel source for the body, even better than sugars or amino acids.
Neither the liver nor the small intestines can act as a soap stone factory.
Again Mortiz needs to learn how the body works. Saponification is a normal part of the digestive process of fats:
5. Once the liver and gallbladder are completely clean, no more gallstones are released after ingesting the oil/citrus mixture. If these stones were indeed made from olive oil, they would also occur during a liver cleanse done after all liver bile ducts are open. However, this is not the case.
Read the "liver flush" forum. There are people on their claiming to have passed cups of stones. The gallbladder is no where near large enough to hold the amount of "stones" people are claiming to pass. In addition the so-called "stones" I have seen photographs of are sometimes the size of quarters or larger. The problem with this is that the bile ducts cannot expand large enough to allow passage of a true gallstone, even if you took a truckload of magnesium. IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE. The maximum dilation of the duct exiting the gallbladder is only eight millimeters. A quarter is nearly 25 millimeters. So when you can explain to me how you would get a stone 25mm or more to pass through a 8mm hole then maybe I will consider that Moritz may have some credibility.
6. Due to intolerance to olive oil, some people have used, for example, clear-colored macadamia nut oil during their flushes and produced just the same green-colored stones.
And? Macadamia nut also contains sterols that again have a high affinity for cholesterol forming an insoluble sterol-cholesterol complex in the intestines.
7. If stones were just blobs of olive oil, why do so many people get cured from chronic illnesses such as Asthma, Allergies, Cancer, Heart disease, diabetes, even paralysis after passing numerous soap stones during liver cleanses?
None of these have anything to do with gallstones. Take for example asthma, which is a form of allergy. Allergies stem from adrenal dysfunction leading to a decrease of antihistamine and antileukotriene epinephrine and anti-inflammatory and immune modulating corticosteroids. NOTHING to do with the gallstones.
Furthermore, anyone can make claims that these people were cured by these so-called "liver flushes" is one thing. It is a totally different thing to prove it. I could say that people were cured of the same conditions by hopping on one foot while chewing clove gum and singing the National Anthem. Would this make it true just because I claim it? Of course not. But there would be people gullible enough to believe it just because it is printed in a book or online.
8. Many people have released stones of different colors: Black, Red, green, white, yellow, and tan. Olive oil doesn't have coloring agents in it to produce differently colored stones.
Neither does bile. So he is disproving his own claim. What can cause these colors though are the impurities trapped in the saponified olive oil and sterol-cholesterol complexes as they are formed in the intestines.
9. While always taking the same amount of olive oil during each cleanse you will never produce the same number of stones. Sometimes, you will pass as few as 20 stones during one cleanse, but other times there may be as many as 1,000.
And again the gallbladder is not large enough to hold 1,000 stones unless they are microscopic. And it does not take a rocket scientist to understand the concept that the so-called "stones" are not just olive oil. They are complexes formed from the saponification of the olive oil or through the reaction of sterols in the oil with cholesterol. So simple common sense tells us that the amount of "stones" formed in the intestines will vary according to the amount f raw materials present needed to form these so-called stones. To understand this simple concept better let's say I want to make some calcium citrate. So I have have 100 pounds of calcium carbonate, but only 1 pound of citric acid. Obviously I can only make a very small amount of calcium citrate since I am limited on the citric acid. But if I have more citric acid available then I can increase the amount of calcium citrate I make. There is no difference with these "stones" being generated in the intestines. If one substance, such as cholesterol, is in short supply then less "stones" are going to be formed.
10. People who have sent their stones in for analyzes, received reports that almost all stones were made from cholesterol and salts, identical constituents to those in cholesterol stones found in removed gallbladders.
LOL!!! And did Moritz take in to account that the sterols in the olive oil can react with the cholesterol in the BILE being released in to the intestines? The reason sterols reduce cholesterol levels in the body is because they bind tightly to the cholesterol from bile being released in to the intestines. This forms an insoluble complex resembling gallstones that prevents the reabsorption of the cholesterol. This is real science, not the made up stuff Moritz is pushing.
It should also be noted that people frequently report the "stones" they are passing float. REAL GALLSTONES sink.
Also note that someone on the liver flush boards had their "stones" analyzed and confirmed they WERE NOT real gallstones.
Some very small number of blobs consisted of organic matter of unknown origin.
It's called feces. Particles get trapped in the complexes as they are formed in the intestines. Same thing that gives the "stones" colors not typical of real gallstones.
11. Quite a few individuals, including myself, have sometimes passed green cholesterol stones on the evening of the flush, even before taking the olive oil mixture. Others, who had already done several liver cleanses have reported stones coming out during the apple juice phase. The stones that come out on their own have no different shape, color and smell than the ones released during the actual cleanses.
And how does he know they are real gallstones? Is he aware of the fact that sterols are found in many foods? Even root beer is loaded with sterols. And as I pointed out earlier saponification is a normal process of the digestion of fats. So yes these "stones" can form in the intestines even in the absence of olive oil sterols.
12. It is conventional medicine, and not the author, that proved the presence of cholesterol stones in the bile ducts of the liver. The medical term for these stones is "Intrahepatic stones", or "Biliary stones."
First of all intrahepatic stones are considered very rare in the US. Secondly stones lodging in the bile ducts is a very serious condition requiring emergency surgery. This is why "liver flushes" are so dangerous. If real gallstones are present the large amount of olive oil can contract the gallbladder, which can lead to the gallstones lodging in the gallbladder again requiring emergency surgery.
Cholesterol itself consists of about 96% water.
Just more proof Moritz is clueless. Cholesterol is not made up of water, it is a fat. This is why bile, or technically the lecithin in bile is needed to make fats like cholesterol water soluble. The lecithin has one end that attaches to water and another end that attaches to fats linking them together and making the fats water soluble. It is like oil and vinegar will not stay mixed on their own. Add some lecithin though and shake it up and the oil and vinegar will remain combined.
13. Plenty of photographs taken of dissected livers are in the medical archives of university clinics that show the presence of these stones in the bile ducts of the liver.
If they were dissecting the livers then this would have been after the person's death. Likely from their lodging a real gallstone in the bile ducts.
14. It is a medically proven fact that millions of people regularly pass green sludge consisting of sometimes dozens of green cholesterol stones in response to eating a very fatty meal.
Hmmm... Green like real gallstones. Not red, white, tan and all the other colors he mentioned earlier.
So what part of all of his incorrect and contradictory statements is the "real" science behind his claims?
0.152 sec, (9)