CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Update on my lip condition and healing time frame

wgb Views: 3,502
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,559,487

Re: Update on my lip condition and healing time frame

I don't think that my cheilitis is caused by "bad bacteria". My cheilitis seems to be caused by a swift, negative reaction my body began to have last year to certain external substances, such as alpha hydroxy acids in my face lotions and one or more of the chemicals in Boots' antibacterial ointment. When I eliminate those products from my life, I don't have active cheilitis.

However, it takes a couple of weeks after an exposure to one of those products for my lips to heal from the incident. I was accidentally exposed to the Boots cream about 6 days ago, and I'm now undergoing exfoliation of the previously-damaged layers, but new damage does not seem to be occurring. Given my past experiences with accidental re-exposure (frustratingly, it has already happened 2 or 3 times in the last 8 weeks), it will take about a week for the exfoliation to slow down to once every 3 days, and then hopefully after a further week, there won't be any exfoliation at all.

I'm a big fan of acidophilus, and I'm willing to experiment with swishing and drinking the liquid form to see if it reduces my low-to-moderate level of tooth plaque (reduces it even more than the acidophilus-containing yogurt that I eat daily does; the liquid has a much higher concentration of the good bacteria in it), but I don't think that my tooth plaque has anything to do with my cheilitis.

My tooth plaque and the white coating on my tongue were greatly reduced last summer by a nightly rinse of 1.5% hydrogen peroxide. Because hydrogen peroxide is a strong debriding agent and kills healthy cells as well as unwanted visitors, I now do that rinse on a weekly basis instead of daily. The peroxide rinse also made my teeth whiter, as a welcome side effect.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.531 sec, (1)