CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Some positive results

wgb Views: 1,228
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,557,120

Re: Some positive results

Calmvoice, glad to hear that you've seen positive results with Bariderm/Bariederm.

I don't know why psychologically you don't like to see keratin (is that the wet, white line of dead skin cells that Badlips so oft speaks of?) on your lips, and that decision is obviously up to you, and you must do what you must to be comfortable,
but, simply in terms of the vaseline in particular, I wonder if the Bariederm might be taking you 2 steps forward, then the vaseline taking you one step back. Vaseline makes lips so greasy and pliable, and doesn't allow any air to get to them, and I felt that the vaseline I used last year was always removing layers of my lips that otherwise would have "stuck" a little longer and maybe healed better without the vaseline. Like it was wiping away the "scabs" too soon and destroying some of the healing process. I think that I've seen posts from others here who had similar thoughts about vaseline.

I am not familiar with Aquaphor (it's probably a prescription product that a lot of you guys have), but it sounds like it might have petrolatum/vaseline in it.

If you want something moisturizing besides vaseline, you could try coconut oil, or glycerin at night - or maybe shea butter which I think Badlips uses.

Or maybe I have entirely misunderstood what you were talking about!

BTW, I would imagine that your next order of Bariederm would come quicker this time, because the last time you ordered it, it was over the holidays, and France and the UK shut down their business and postal operations during that time more than the US does, plus the volume of mail is so much higher around then as compared to February.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

1.922 sec, (1)