CureZone   Log On   Join
time for a new nicotine patch, methinks ;-)

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Fast and Painless Constipation Relief
Oxygen Bowel Cleanser

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
  Views: 1,521
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,551,315

time for a new nicotine patch, methinks ;-)

First of all, I have just cured my own cheilitis successfully, so you are wrong that people can't treat themselves. Other people on this forum have found the answer out on their own for their cheilitis, and took steps in their lives to get their lips back to normal. If you had read the past history of this forum, you would know that.

Secondly, I did everything for myself that a typical general practitioner doctor would do in the first few doctor visits (except for running lab tests, which obviously I could not do on my own; although one user here did get a lot of labwork done without having a doctor's intervention by sending the labs his samples by mail and paying out of his own pocket). I know that I did everything for myself that a GP would do because I went to many doctors for my facial/neck rash that I had for a year when I was 28, and I remember the experience.

Thirdly, not everyone has a lot of money and access to a great deal of medical care, so universally criticizing people for not seeking a huge amount of medical care in a short amount of time, like you suddenly did (after seemingly suffering from this for many years without seeking any medical care for it), is off the mark.

Fourthly, this forum is a source of information, both wise and stupid, both valid and invalid. You have to understand how to sort the wheat from the chaff, and how to trust yourself and do your own research beyond the confines of this forum. Any source of information can't be trusted completely, not even a doctor. I had many doctors tell me that my face/neck rash was Seborrheic Dermatitis that I'd have to live with indefinitely, and they were wrong (it was allergic contact dermatitis, and it cleared up the instant the allergen, nail polish, was no longer in contact with my body).

Fifthly, every sufferer has something to offer this forum, if they are interested in dialogue rather than diatribe. It's not the most affectionate or warm forum group in the world, but presumably there are a lot of decent human beings who visit here, with real medical concerns and dwindling hope. Crashing in, raising a storm, judging and lecturing people, and then strutting off in a huff is certainly one way to interact with a forum, and I'm sure the lurking majority is as non-plussed as usual, and the participatory minority probably has the Mr. Bean "wha?" facial expression (chuckle).

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.594 sec, (2)