CureZone   Log On   Join
Raw milk going bad???

bluesparrow Views: 2,980
Published: 11 years ago

Raw milk going bad???

Hello to all raw milk drinkers!!!
I switched from "regular" store milk to raw goat´s one when making my kefir. In a country I live in it is really rare to be able to obtain raw milk. Until recently it was totally elegal to sell it as a food item therefore in a shop I was bying it from it was labeled as "bath milk". Now it is possible to sell it as regular milk but stil it is almost impossible to get it from shops. Because it is such a rarity I have nobody to ask the following question....How do I know milk got bad/rotten/spoiled?
The shop sells it in a plastic container and it should be safe coming from a farm being known for specializing in making goat´s milk cheeses. The best before date is always one week after packaging date. Alrady third day after milk was packed it starts to have this really unpleasant smell and taste and long before milk should be expired it is totally undrikable, to me at least. It has this awfull "puky" sour smell and taste.
I have searched and looked at different information surces about raw milk and all they say is that good bacteria in raw milk should prevent all spoilege therefore raw milk don´t get spoiled it get sour. If that is case I can´t understand how could anybody consume "soured milk" as such foul tasting drink. It is simply horrid. Is it possible that something is rather wrong along the production line in the farm milk is coming from? Any suggestion appreciated.
P.S. I have mentioned this in the shop I am buying it from and they replied they have not got any other complains. This makes me think that I am just to picky about tastes and smells and the milk might be really ok afterall???

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.426 sec, (1)