CureZone   Log On   Join
The end of suffering

Invincible Views: 4,032
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,548,846

The end of suffering

Abandonment and suffering are Universal concepts - codes :-)

Knowledge comes from reading a lot of books. Wisdom comes from experience.

Suffering is related to our perception of what we call Truth: If it's raining and I judge that as bad .. yuck! Then I suffer. If it's raining and I appreciate the fact that it's watering my garden and I look forward to the beautiful rainbow that will follow, I don't suffer.

Our suffering never comes from the facts; our suffering always comes from our perception of the facts.

When we have expectations of how others should be and they don't meet those expectations, we suffer. The judgement comes: "They shouldn't be this way!!" "He shouldn't have done that!!" But suffering never comes from the facts only from judging and arguing with reality.

Everything is meaningless - but we give them meaning by our perceptions of what they mean. If we give something a negative meaning ... time to suffer!

Emotional suffering really is all about you. It's not caused by the facts (the external world); it stems from your perception of the facts (your beliefs about how people should be, or how the world should work). The good news is that, when we take ownership of our perceptions, and the suffering they cause us, we can change them.

Read "Loving What Is" by Byron Katie if you want to end this type of suffering :-)

First step to healing suffering: acknowledge that it is your own perception of a situation that is causing you to suffer. Perceptions are really only your interpretation/judgement of some facts (e.g. My dad left me = people are untrustworthy, all men are B**tards, dads should stay forever, people should not hurt others etc.)

2nd step - acknowledge: "My suffering does not come from this fact/situation; my suffering comes from my perception of this fact/situation."

Be willing and open to see everything differently - set yourself free. It is the end of all suffering. Well, it was for me :-)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

2.531 sec, (2)