CureZone   Log On   Join
Has anyone considered cosmetic surgery?

sillylips Views: 5,637
Published: 12 years ago

Has anyone considered cosmetic surgery?

This is my first post on this forum, but I've been reading it on and off for a while now.
I've had EC for several months. My bottom lip is completely covered in crusty scabs and my upperlip is about 2/3's covered in scabs. I used to have the 4 day peel cycle that you guys talk about, but these days, it just peels every day in bits and pieces.

What I've noticed though is that regardless how long I leave the scab on, no real skin is forming beneath. On a normal person's lip, the skin has texure/grooves. Beneath my scabs, the skin is red and completely smooth with blood vessels very visible.

This leads me to think that perhaps EC is a problem where the epidermis is gone (for whatever reason) leaving only the dermis. And since the epidermis is the part of the skin that regenerates new skin, without it, the dermis can only form scabs - not skin.

This hypothesis is further supported by the fact that there is a bit of "real" skin forming inwards from the edge of the lips. After a bit of internet researching on skin regeneration, I've found that this is characteristic in third degree burn patients. The area that is burned down to the dermis cannot regrow it's own skin, but surrounding unburned skin will regrow inwards if the area is not too large.

Since skin reconstruction surgery seems to work for burn victims, I was thinking it should work for us as well. Perhaps all we need is a transplant of good epidermis onto our lips so we can regrow what we've destroyed through biting/peeling/chemicals and whatever other abuse we've put our lips through.

Which leads me to the point of my post. Has anyone ever consulted a plastic surgeon for their EC?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

3.828 sec, (1)