CureZone   Log On   Join
Tooth feels like it is loosening, can oil pulling help?

pixiepotter Views: 16,412
Published: 10 years ago

Tooth feels like it is loosening, can oil pulling help?

Ok. I have a tooth on the upper right side of my mouth towards the back that is bothering me. I know there is a small cavity in it, not very big. Up until a month ago, the tooth has never bothered me. I had 4 wisdom teeth and a very back tooth on the left extracted last Fall. Since than, I had been brushing twice a day with Sensodyne toothpaste and swishing with Act restoring mouthwash. I believe I have been taking very good care of my teeth and mouth but about a month ago I started having pain in the one tooth on the upper right. It doesn't hurt as in a bad toothache, but its annoyingly noticeable. When I bite down on it, it feels like I am pushing it in towards the gums and it hurts just a little as if it is slowly loosening from the gum. Because of where the tooth is I really want to avoid having it pulled because if I smiled there would be a big gap and at the age of 33 I am way to young to have missing teeth. Also, I currently don't have dental insurance and can't afford the cost of a dentist. I don't believe that I have nerve or root damage and don't want to have an unnessecary root canal done.

I have been oil pulling now for about 3 days with sesame oil and I have noticed lessened tooth sensitivity and my tongue does appear pinker. What I want to know is can continued oil swishing help to "tighten" this tooth in the gums. Also, are some oils better than others at helping to tighten teeth? I am going this morning to purchase some sunflower or safflower oil if I can't find sunflower. I was also considering coconut but I've read so many conflicting stories on its benefits.

Basically, I am 33 going on 34 in March and I don't want to be 58 years old with a mouth full of dentures like my mother. I want to keep my own teeth in my mouth for as long as I possible can.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.781 sec, (1)