Maybe your battery charger is broken. I just plugged mine in and the green light came on next to the word "charged". Maybe you have a dud. You can probably test it by plugging it in and touching the two clamps together and see if they make sparks. Mine have accidentally touched while awaiting to be unplugged after dissconnecting them from a bath and they sparked. Be careful about this, it is just my opinion on what I would do, I am no electrical genius or anything. Is your electical outlet a working outlet?